We are excited that you are thinking about joining us at the Sam Nunn School of International Affairs. High school students and transfer students seeking admission to one of the undergraduate programs in the Nunn School must first apply through the Georgia Tech Office of Admissions.
Current Georgia Tech students that wish to change their major should visit the INTA Undergraduate Advising Blog for instructions.
Former Georgia Tech students that have been academically dismissed or have been out of school for two or more terms must apply for Readmission.
To learn more about Georgia Tech:
- Tour/Information Sessions. Prospective undergraduate students are encouraged to visit Georgia Tech to tour campus and attend an admissions information session. At these sessions, prospective students and their parents can ask questions about the admissions application and process, financial aid, SAT and ACT scores, Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate scores, campus housing, majors, and campus life.
- Information Session for Transfer Students. Georgia Tech holds regularly scheduled information sessions specifically for transfer students.
- Preview GT. Preview is a one-day event available for prospective students, parents, and counselors to provide a more comprehensive look at the Institute. Highlights include student and faculty panels, campus tours, and information sessions, covering topics such as the Honors Program, study abroad programs, music at Tech, and parenting a college student.
- Explore. Explore is an exciting two-day program hosted by the Office of Undergraduate Admission and the Hispanic Recruitment Team.
- Family Affair. A two-day program for high school juniors and seniors to visit campus and learn more about the African American community, campus resources and the authentic stuent experience at Georgia Tech.
- Futures. Although similar to Preview, Futures is only open to exceptional tenth- and eleventh-grade women interested in learning more about their preferred career. They will meet with Georgia Tech faculty, staff, and students in a small group setting to discuss all aspects of an education at Tech.
- Connect with Tech. This is an event available to high-achieving prospective freshmen, who have a strong interest in Georgia Tech. Students have the opportunity to attend an actual class, spend time with current Tech students, and stay overnight in a residence hall. The event includes information sessions, tours, meals, social events, and face-to-face interaction with faculty and administrators as well as current students. Concurrent programs are held for parents.
- Office of Admissions Prospective Students Link. Check out the prospective students link for additional opportunities to learn about Georgia Tech.
To learn about the Sam Nunn School of International Affairs:
- Shadow Day. This is a day-long event for prospective students interested in liberal arts who have been admitted to Georgia Tech. Shadow Day allows students to experience life as a liberal arts student by spending time with current students, faculty, and staff.
- INTA Ambassadors. INTA Ambassadors represent the best of the Nunn School on and off campus. They are current undergraduate students, majoring in one of our degree programs and are available to give prospective students a unique view of the majors they represent. Prospective students have the opportunity to shadow ambassadors, ask questions, attend classes, and tour the Ivan Allen College.
- Attend a Class. Science, Technology and International Affairs; Comparative Politics; Environmental Politics; Government and Politics of China; CIA Programs and Operations; Terrorism; Human Rights; Path Gaming; and Contemporary African Development are just a few of the provocative international affairs classes prospective students may have the opportunity to sit in on. Links to past electives are available under the Courses tab.
- Meet with an International Affairs Advisor. If you are interested in the Nunn School or have recently been accepted and would like to visit or ask questions, the INTA Advisor is available to meet with you. We look forward to having you join us!
To arrange a visit to the Nunn School or get answers to your recruitment-related questions, please contact Tony Gallego for additional information.